Open source is about sharing, creating something awesome together and contribute to the greater good! Whenever you do something that you think someone else could benefit from, please contribute it! If you were curious or confused about something, someone else probably will too. Help them by sharing your thoughts, insights and discoveries.
How to contribute
There are many ways to contribute, here are some examples
- Answer a question on the forum
- Add a hack to Hackster
- Submit a pull request to one of the repos on github
- Add an issue to one of the repos on github with a suggestion for an improvement or a bug report. Or maybe get involved in the discussion on an issue?
- Add or update the wiki. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a user account and get started.
- Improve this web site. The source code is on github, submit a pull request for your improvements.
- Comment a blog post
- Become a guest blogger. Send us an email at email@example.com to get a blog account.
- Upload a video of your work to YouTube.
Contributing in github
The source code for firmware, clients, tools and the web site are hosted on github. We use pull requests for code contributions, read more about how it works on github.
There is a contribute.md file in each project that describes the requirements in that specific project when it comes to coding style, unit testing and so on.
Getting help with contributions
Maybe you want to contribute but don’t know what to do? Need help to find the right solution? Not sure of how to write a unit test? We are here to help you!