Open source is about sharing, creating something awesome together and contribute to the greater good! Whenever you do something that you think someone else could benefit from, please contribute it! If you were curious or confused about something, someone else probably will too. Help them by sharing your thoughts, insights and discoveries.
How to contribute
There are many ways to contribute, here are some examples
- Answer a question on the forum
- Submit a pull request to one of the repos on github
- Add an issue to one of the repos on github with a suggestion for an improvement or a bug report. Or maybe get involved in the discussion on an issue?
- Add or update the documentation. The documentation is in the doc folders of the repos on github.
- Improve this web site. The source code is on github, submit a pull request for your improvements.
- Comment a blog post
- Become a guest blogger. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a blog account.
- Upload a video of your work to YouTube.
Contributing in github
The source code for firmware, clients, tools and the web site are hosted on github. We use pull requests for code contributions, read more about how it works on github.
Contributions are of great value to the project and we are very happy for any contribution, large or small, but to make it possible for us to merge your additions into the codebase there are a few rules to follow. Please read the general guidelines for code contributions for more information.
There is also a contribute.md file in each project that describes the requirements in that specific project when it comes to coding style, unit testing and so on.
Writing repository documentation
The repository documentation is located in each repository, to make it easy to update when the code is modified. Read the repository documentation guidelines for information on formatting, tools and how it works.
Getting help with contributions
Maybe you want to contribute but don’t know what to do? Need help to find the right solution? Not sure of how to write a unit test? We are here to help you!
Post a question in the forum, add an issue on github or drop us an email at email@example.com to get help. You can also submit a issue with the request to one of the repos on github to get the communities opinion.