How it works
The Flow deck V2 gives the Crazyflie 2.X the ability to understand when it’s moving in any direction. The VL53L1x ToF sensor measures the distance to the ground with high precision and the PMW3901 optical flow sensor measures movements in relation to the ground. This creates a flying 3D robot that can be pre-programmed to fly distances in any direction or act as an aid for beginners where it creates a very stable flying platform.
- Fast, accurate distance ranging
- Measures absolute range up to 4m
- Eye safe
- Measures horizontal movement
- Creates a 3D robot that can be pre-programmed
- Aided flight
- Weight: 1.6g
- Size (WxHxD): 21x28x4mm
- Designed for mounting under the Crazyflie 2.X
- VL53L1x ToF sensor to measure distance up to 4 meters within a few millimeters (depending on surface and light conditions)
- 1-wire memory for automatic expansion deck detection
- PMW3901 optical flow sensor (works best on matt surfaces)
Go to the getting started tutorial of the flowdeck.
The flowdeck provides optical flow and height measurements which are fused in the Extended Kalman Filter of the Crazyflie Firmware.
We did a light painting with the flowdeck together the LED-ring deck . Check the project on hackster.io
- Start here
- Buyers guide
- Development overview
- Getting help
- Expansion decks of the Crazyflie 2.X
Getting started with the Flow deck
If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org