How it works
This product is under development and will soon be available!
Crazyradio 2.0 is a long range open USB radio dongle based on the nRF52840 from Nordic Semiconductor, featuring a 20dBm power amplifier and LNA.
The Crazyradio 2.0 is not only for usage together with the Crazyflie family of devices, since it’s an open project with open firmware and a Python API, it’s a great building block for systems that require more predictable latency compared to WiFi and doesn’t have the same requirements for bandwidth. The hardware comes with a bootloader that enables firmware upgrades via USB without any additional hardware needed.
The Crazyradio 2.0 is compatible with the Crazyflie eco system.
Specifications will be available here soon
- Radio power amplifier giving 20dBm output power
- Open source firmware
- Firmware upgrade via USB
- Low latency
- Weight: 7g
- Size (WxHxD): 63x18x8mm (including connectors)
- Based on the nRF52840 chip from Nordic Semiconductor
- Cortex-M4F processor at 64MHz with 1MB of flash and 256Kb of RAM
- 2.4GHz ISM band radio
- USB device peripheral
- 100 radio channels
- 1 Mbps, 2Mbps and long range (125kbps and 500kbps mode) Bluetooth® low energy modes
- 250kbps IEEE 802.15.4 mode
- 1Mbps and 2Mbps Nordic proprietary modes
- Extra signals available via soldering pads enabling custom expansions
- 3 I/Os
- 3.15V out
- 5V in
- Standard USB-A connector
- Programming connector
- 20dBm output power (100mW)
- Low Noise Amplifier (LNA)
- RP-SMA connector
Connect the Crazyradio 2.0 to a USB port on your computer.
More instructions will be available here soon
The source code for the Crazyradio 2.0 firmware can be found on github
If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org