We are happy to announce the availability of the 2021.06 release of the Crazyflie firmware and client! This release includes bugfixes related to flashing the Crazyflie and the Lighthouse deck and also the new concept of core parameters and logging variables, that we talked about in the blog post: Crazyflie logging and parameters interface.
There are new binaries for the Crazyflie (2021.06), the Crazyflie client (2021.6) as well as a new release of the Crazyflie python library (0.1.16). The firmware package can be downloaded from the Crazyflie release repository (2021.06) or can be flashed directly using the Crazyflie client.
Noteworthy features and fixes
Crazyflie STM firmware
* Added an app layer application of the wall following demo * Fixed a bug where the initial position of the Kalman estimator was set to (1.5, 0, 0) * Enable an estimator to be added by out of tree build * Add and document core parameters and log variables * Fix deck info mem implementation can return uninitialized buffer - Caused: Flashing errors with Flowdeck * Rechecked INDI controller for mistakes/consistency
Crazyflie NRF firmware
* pm: Increase delay before powering system - Caused: Issues flashing Lighthouse deck
Crazyflie Python library (0.1.16)
* Add support for crazyflie-link-cpp * Add get_value to parameter class * Make tutorial more user friendly * Improve reset_to[firmware|bootloader]
* Do not allow upgrading firmware when connected to USB * Console tab: new messages should always appear at the bottom * Update install doc
* Core logging groups and variables * Core parameter groups and variables * Improved motion commander tutorial
Help us out!
We always strive to release quality software and firmware, but we are not perfect! Please help us out by installing the new library, client and firmware and make sure that your applications, tools and algorithms still work as you expect! And if not please file an issue with us or contact us via the forum.