We are happy to announce that we are working on a new upgrade battery for the Crazyflies! It will soon hit production and hopefully, keeping our fingers crossed, it will arrive in our stock in early 2023-Q4.
The upgrade battery is based on the “Tattu 350mAh 3.7V 30C 1S1P” cell and with some additional great features:
- Protection Circuit Module (PCM) to protect against short circuits, overcharge, over discharge etc.
- Gold-plated connectors for lower contact resistance.
- Shrink wrap around connector for better rigidity.
- Cool Bitcraze matched graphics.
And if we list the benefits compared to the stock Crazyflie battery:
- Higher current capabilities, 30C burst current, that is >10 Amp.
- 350mAh instead of 250mAh
- Higher energy density, ~130 Wh/kg instead of ~105 Wh/kg
There are some drawbacks too:
- It is ~1 mm thicker and does not fit well with all deck boards and the short or medium size pin headers. We will release longer pin headers at the same time though.
- Price will be higher
- ~1.5 grams extra weight
With this upgrade battery, you will experience longer flight times, more “punch” during acceleration and it is great combined with the thrust upgrade kit!